What to do if the power goes off
- Check your main fuses or circuit breakers to ensure none of them have tripped.
- Look at your meter. If you can read the numbers on the LCD display, there is power to the meter; you will need to check further for a breaker that has tripped or a fuse that has blown. If there are no numbers present on the display, there is no power to the meter. Call us immediately.
- Call 800-606-1505
- Make sure you have the name as listed on the account and if possible, the account number.
- If you heard arcing sounds, saw a flash, or can provide other information that can assist us in locating the problem, please be ready to provide that information.
- Remember to treat all downed wires as energized and dangerous. Do not move, drive across or other wise come near or approach any downed wires until informed by proper authorities that it is safe to do so.
For more information on electric safety, visit the Safe Electricity Website.