SECTION 6.01. Number and Title. The officers of the Cooperative shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer, and such other officers as may from time to time be determined by the Board of Directors. The offices of Secretary and Treasurer may be held by the same person.
SECTION 6.02. Election and Term of Office. The four officers named in Section 6.01 shall be elected by secret written ballot, annually and without prior nomination, by and from the Board of Directors at the first meeting of the Board held after the annual meeting of the members. If the election of such officers shall not be held at such meeting, it shall be held as soon thereafter as conveniently may be. Each such officer shall hold office until the meeting of the Board first held after the next succeeding annual meeting of the members or until his successor shall have been duly elected and shall have qualified, subject to the provisions of the By-laws with respect to the removal of directors and to the removal of officers by the Board of Directors. Any other officers may be elected by the Board from among such persons, and with such title, tenure, responsibilities and authorities, as the Board of Directors may from time to
SECTION 6.03. Removal. Any officer, agent or employee elected or appointed by the Board of Directors may be removed by the Board whenever in its judgment the best interests of the Cooperative will thereby be served.
SECTION 6.04. Vacancies. A vacancy in any office elected or appointed by the Board of Directors shall be filled by the Board for the un-expired portion of the term.
SECTION 6.05. President. The President shall:
- be the principal executive officer of the Cooperative and shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and, unless determined otherwise by the Board of Directors, at all meetings of the members;
- sign any deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, notes, bonds, contracts or other instruments authorized by the Board of Directors to be executed, except in cases in which the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly delegated by the Board of Directors or by these By-laws to some other officer or agent of the Cooperative, or shall be required by law to be otherwise signed or executed; and
- in general, perform all duties incident to the office of President and such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors from time to time.
SECTION 6.06. Vice President. In the absence of the President, or in the event of his inability or refusal to act, the Vice President shall perform the duties of the President, and, when so acting, shall have the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President; and shall perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him by the Board of Directors.
SECTION 6.07. Secretary. The Secretary shall:
- keep, or cause to be kept, the minutes of the meetings of the members and of the Board of Directors in one or more books provided for that purpose
- see that all notices are fully given in accordance with these By-laws or as required by law;
- be custodian of the corporate records and of the seal of the Cooperative and see that the seal of the Cooperative is affixed to all documents the execution of which, on behalf of the Cooperative under its seal is duly authorized in accordance with the provisions of these By-laws or is required by law;
- keep, or cause to be kept, a register of the name and post office address of each member, which address shall be furnished to the Cooperative by such member;
- have general charge of the books of the Cooperative in which a record of the members is kept;
- keep on file at all times a complete copy of the Cooperative's Articles of Incorporation and By-laws, together with all amendments thereto, which copies shall always be open to the inspection of any member, and, at the expense of the Cooperative, furnish a copy of such documents and of all amendments thereto upon request to any member; and
- in general, perform all duties incident to the office of the Secretary and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him by the Board of Directors.
SECTION 6.08. Treasurer. The Treasurer shall:
- have charge and custody of and be responsible for all funds and securities of the Cooperative;
- receive and give receipts for monies due and payable to the cooperative from any source whatsoever, and deposit or invest all such monies in the name of the Cooperative in such bank or banks or in such financial institutions or securities as shall be selected in accordance with the provisions of these By-laws; and
- in general perform all the duties incident to the office of Treasurer and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him by the Board of Directors.
SECTION 6.09. Delegation of Secretary's and Treasurer's Responsibilities. Notwithstanding the duties responsibilities and authorities of the Secretary and of the Treasurer hereinbefore provided in Sections 6.07 and 6.08 the Board of Directors by resolution may, except as otherwise limited by law, delegate, wholly or in part, the responsibility and authority for, and the regular or routine administration of, one or more of each such officer's such duties to one or more agents, other officers or employees of the Cooperative who are not directors. To the extent that the Board does so delegate with respect to any such officer, that officer as such shall be released from such duties, responsibilities and authorities.
SECTION 6.10. General Manager; Executive Vice President. The Board of Directors may appoint a General Manager, who may be, but who shall not be required to be, a member of the Cooperative, and who also may be designated Executive Vice President. Such officer shall perform such duties as the Board of Directors may from time to time require and shall have such authority as the Board of Directors may from time to time vest in him.
SECTION 6.11. Bonds. The Board of Directors shall require the Treasurer and any other officer, agent or employee of the Cooperative charged with responsibility for the custody of any of its funds or property to give bond in such sum and with such surety as the Board of Directors shall determine. The Board of Directors in its discretion may also require any other officer, agent or employee of the Cooperative to give bond in such amount and with such surety as it shall determine. The costs of all such bonds shall be borne by the Cooperative.
SECTION 6.12. Compensation; Indemnification. The compensation, if any, of any officer, agent or employee who is also a director or close relative of a director shall be determined as provided in Section 4.09, of these By-laws, and the powers, duties and compensation of any other officers, agents and employees shall be fixed or a plan therefore approved by the Board of Directors. The Cooperative shall indemnify Directors, officers, including the General Manager, agents and employees, as provided in the General Not-for-Profit Corporation Act, 805 ILCS 105/108.75. The Cooperative may purchase insurance to cover such indemnification.
SECTION 6.13. Reports. The officers of the Cooperative shall submit at each annual meeting of the members, reports covering the business of the Cooperative for the previous fiscal year and showing the condition of the Cooperative at the close of such fiscal year.